We are now finalising the draft for the ELMC Case 2019-2020 ! See you in September 2019!
* * * * *
Next Season starts with the upload of the New ELMC Case on September 1st 2019 !
What is the Registration procedure ?
- first of all you read the Rules of the Competition & the new Case
- you start working on the two written submissions
- at the end of October we upload here the Official Registration Form that will have to be submitted by email from November 1st to November 15th (see the website announcement for the exact dates)
- on November 25th, you submit by email the two written pleadings, that will be graded by our ELMC Judges following our Double Blind Assessment Procedure!
- Results of the written phase : before January 15th on this website
WHAT IS THE EUROPEAN LAW MOOT COURT ?
The Annual Report of the European Law Moot Court is available, get your copy and share the link http://europeanlawmootcourt.eu/annual-report
The European Law Moot Court is an annual international competition which is held between University teams of students who have an interest in European Union Law.
It is organized by the ELMC Society, founded in 1988. It is today considered as the most prestigious moot court within the field of European Union Law and one of the most important moot court competitions in the world.
Participating can be a great Plus on your CV and for the reputation of your University, but most of all it is an once-in-a-lifetime Human & Professional experience.
The case, as every year, is published on this website on September 1st.
80 to 100 student teams from European & USA Universities register and send us their applicant & defendant written pleadings until the end of November.
Once the submissions are anonymized, the written pleadings are distributed to our ELMC Judges who carry out a double blind marking of the pleadings.
The results of this written phase are published on our web site on January 15th.
Every year, 48 teams -12 per Regional Final-, composed by 3 or 4 students and their Coach, designated only by their secret numbers, are qualified for the oral phase.
Four Regional Finals are held in European and US Universities over the four weekends of February. From Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning, students from dozens of nationalities face constant questions of our Judges. What better way to choose the best litigators, in substance and form, who will have the unique opportunity to plead before the real Judges of the Court of Justice of the European Union?
The Court of Justice of the European Union hosts the European Final of the European Law Moot Court on Friday, at the end of March beginning of April every year.