The ELMC Season is open !
YOU CAN NOW REGISTER YOUR TEAM by Filling this document and emailing it to the Organising Team ASAP until December 5th.
The upload of the New ELMC Case exceptionnaly took place on October 1st in order to allow everyone to get used to the Covid-functionning & new teaching modalities of every University. It has been updated with three clarifications on November 11th.
Here's the ELMC Case for the academic year 2020-2021 :
It includes the following clarifications made by the ELMC Case Authors:
- Para. 16: “in October 2020” must be “in July 2020”. So they enter Ottonia in July 2020 and Isaa requests asylum at the end of that same month (i.e. and so before expiration of the Relocation Decision) in Confinia.
- Para. 39 (iv): reference should be to the S-18 Vaccine
- Para. 42 (iii): accepts (ADD: “to process”) Maryam’s claim for asylum
- Para 43 (French version only): "introduire" (instead of "présenter")
* * * * *
How does the ELMC Registration procedure work ?
- first of all you read the Rules of the Competition & the new Case
- you start working on the two written submissions
- in November we upload here the Official Registration Form that will have to be submitted by email in the following two weeks (see the website announcement for the exact dates)
- on December 15th (for this Corona-exceptional season), you submit by email the two written pleadings, that will be graded by our ELMC Judges following our Double Blind Assessment Procedure!
- Results of the written phase : around January 15th on this website
WHAT IS THE EUROPEAN LAW MOOT COURT ?
The European Law Moot Court is an annual international competition which is held between University teams of students who have an interest in European Union Law.
It is organized by the ELMC Society, founded in 1988. It is today considered as the most prestigious moot court within the field of European Union Law and one of the most important moot court competitions in the world.
Participating can be a great Plus on your CV and for the reputation of your University, but most of all it is an once-in-a-lifetime Human & Professional experience.
The case, as every year, is published on this website on September 1st (exceptionnaly because of covid on October 1st 2020).
80 to 100 student teams from European & USA Universities register and send us their applicant & defendant written pleadings until the end of November.
Once the submissions are anonymized, the written pleadings are distributed to our ELMC Judges who carry out a double blind marking of the pleadings.
The results of this written phase are published on our web site on January 15th.
Every year, 48 teams -12 per Regional Final-, composed by 3 or 4 students and their Coach, designated only by their secret numbers, are qualified for the oral phase.
Four Regional Finals are held in European and US Universities over the four weekends of February. From Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning, students from dozens of nationalities face constant questions of our Judges. What better way to choose the best litigators, in substance and form, who will have the unique opportunity to plead before the real Judges of the Court of Justice of the European Union?
The Court of Justice of the European Union hosts the European Final of the European Law Moot Court on Friday, at the end of March beginning of April every year.
The Annual Report of the European Law Moot Court is available, get your copy and share the link http://europeanlawmootcourt.eu/annual-report